Thursday 9 March 2017

Personal Experience


Personal experience

                                                 

I am an international student and came to Canada in September 2016. When I came here I was so home sick and depressed. So, I thought to start work to divert my mind to settle down as soon as possible. There were a lot of hardships that I had to face. I started from a pizza store. It was tough in the beginning as I was suffering from dilemma whether to stay here or move back to India.

But somehow, focusing on my goals and thinking about my career I made a tough choice. I always tried to keep my personal problems apart from my work to excel and I got succeeded as my owner appreciated me for my work. It was great experience working with such a wonderful supervisor who was so supportive and slowly I started enjoying my work. This job helped me a lot to settle down here in Canada. Because I always tried to keep my personal problems apart from my work, as I enter the store, just forget about what is happening outside.

But after few months I had some issue with one of my colleagues and was asked to work over time during my exams. I tried to refuse my owner to avoid extra hours so that I can achieve good marks but he denied my request. Fortunately, I managed to score good marks even after so much stress because I couldn’t let my study get sacrificed on my work account but it doesn’t matter until unless you get succedded.

This is what I learnt how to achieve work life balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment